Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Two month stats


8-2-2011

Last Thursday we took Gracie in for her two month appointment. I am truly amazed at how fast she is growing... She was 24.25" that is 3.25" longer, 13 lbs, 4oz which is up 5 plus pounds!!! Wow! She definitely gets cuter each day and the smiles are more and brighter! I have been putting off saying it but starting last Wednesday, in honor of her two month anniversary of birth ( I am sure), she started sleeping 8-9 hours at night! Even sleeping in her crib a few of those nights! No prompting from me or anything! She usually goes down between 9pm-11pm and wakes up between 5:30am- 7am. What a rock star! We will see if it lasts! The daytime naps are less predictable but that is my fault for trying to run errands and get things done. I think if we were home more or at the same time we would have a better schedule!

The big guy Max had is first day back at daycare after a 9 week hiatus! He had a great time and was FULL of energy upon return! It sounds like they all had fun being reunited! I am so happy about that because I felt bad having him go, it has been fun having him home with us. I know it's good for him to be with his pals though and it was so nice for Gracie and me to have some girl time, too! He will just be going one day a week until I head back to work.
I got am call from my boss last week and we set a date of August 31st as my first day back. I am less nervous this time around about going back. I did have a moment when I thought about applying for a L&D position but it would have meant more daycare for the kids, so after talking with Robb about it I decided to pass for now. I think I need to try it at some point though, just to know. Growing up I wanted to be an OB and once I realized how little the Md's are there I wanted to be a labor nurse. It scares me just a little which is good. I am also worried I would be bad at it. Nerdy, I know but it is hard to give up the know for an unknown and be bad at it. But at some point I will want a new challenge to keep growing and learning. For now learning the ropes with the two kiddos is my challenge! :-)

Robb finished up his summer softball league in seventh place. Pretty sure he had a good time and some needed time away with the guys! His company got sold and they are just integrating with the new company this week. He was pretty nervous for the town hall meeting today and the actual meeting of the new boss. He said it went well and he really liked what is on the horizon, so that is good to hear! I am sure there will be bumps in the road but it is a promising start!

I got to see a few old friends from high school tonight and it was super fun to hang out and chat. We have somethings like being mommies in common so it was a fun time! Tomorrow I will meet up with a couple college friends, run some errands, attend swim lessons with my little guy and hit the road for Thunder Bay, Ontario for a wedding of Robb's good friend. Robb found out last Friday that he is standing up for Mat in the wedding. That is a special honor! After the wedding we will head to my Book family weekend in Hayward! So much to look forward to! Plus we just got our car boo-boo's fixed up (ouch!!) so we are ready for a fun road trip! See ya on the flip side of it!




-

1 comment:

  1. You would love labor and be fabulous! We are all a little afraid of it- that's a good thing!!!

    ReplyDelete