Saturday, August 27, 2011

August recap 2011

I have so much to recap. After the fun wedding and family time in Hayward we came home. Our kids now strongly dislike any time in car beyond going to Target, 3 minutes away!

That next week we finished up swim lessons! Our final night I got to Jaskson pool and realized I didn't have my suit just Max's and Robb's. So, I called Robb and asked him to bring it( he was home with the sleeping Gracie). When he got there he surprised me with only bringing my top piece! Decisions had to be made.... So, in we go, ten minutes late, with me in my top piece and Robb's bottoms! Hot stuff, I tell ya! Can not tell you how embarrassing that was. However, I got got through it and just hope to not see any of our swim friends again!

The second weekend we had a Headlee ( Robb's moms side) family reunion in Pequot! We just drove up for the day. It was at Robb's uncle Dans house. I am so glad we went. There was a great turn out and it was so nice to spend time with all his cousins and aunts and uncles. Robb's grandma was not able to make it to the party. Too much effort to get her there and then i think she falls asleep if over stimulated! And she probably would have been with the 11 brothers and sisters and their families all there!

The third week, the kids and I had a fun day with my friend from work Jen and her two adorable kiddos! We went to the St. Louis Park splash pad and park. It was great, fun to see her out of work and my kids were exhausted afterward! Then, Thursday I meet up with my cousin Katie and her two kids for a fun day at the zoo!

Did I mention that this was also the week when we found out our Volvo wagon was dying? The battery drained twice during that week and the fuel pump was leaking. So, on the 20th we got a new car! A Subaru Outback! I will be the one to drive it! Hoping to keep it nice. We went with it on the recommendation of the Goodyear station manager. He said they have great resale value, don't break down too much and are pretty fuel efficient!



We still are search for a name for it!

The 3rd weekend, well we bought the car, then headed to the westmoreland birthday party. This years theme was carnival! I helped run a booth that the kids used a sling shot to shot at numbers hanging down for a sting! Both kids got goodie bags and a tie dyed shirt! The special treat instead of cakes was three kinds of homemade ( of course!) ice cream sandwiches! They even had cotton candy! Huge hit with Max!


After that party we had the Dalbec annual luau! First one in the new house. I really enjoyed it!

This past week we have celebrated my mom's 54th birthday! Happy birthday, nana! She had 3 cakes at work and brought one over to share with us! Then next night we all went out to eat at the Olive Garden! I thought we were brave to go out to eat with the kid!


This weekend we will finish up all the loose ends because I start back to work on wednesday! I hope to post about the state fair and our fun upcoming play dates!

No comments:

Post a Comment