Saturday, August 27, 2011

Our garden 2011







-This year we grew strawberries, cucumbers and sugar snap peas in the circles by the house. The cukes have been plentiful!

We have had a great crop of raspberries. Our best year yet! Thanks to my friend, Nancy from work! And even our blueberries produced a handful!

In the main garden we had/have carrots, lettuce, cantaloupe, watermelon, magic purple beans( thanks again to Nancy), mini pumpkins, broccoli, tomatoes ( best tasting ones I've ever eaten!), squash that I never produced, giant pumpkins that never produced, a few pepper plants, spearmint and peppermint and basil!





We have never taken advantage of eating this much out of the garden! Lots of fresh salads, cucumber waters with fresh mint, I froze a few meals worth if beans tonight and we are going to can some tomato sauce tomorrow! For the first time we even have both melons producing! They both have a bit bigger than softball sized fruit right now!



The really exciting part is that I brought my mini pumpkins and ome purple beans to the MN stare fair this year! I am not sure what happened with the beans ( i dropped them off but Robb said he didn't see them there today when we went with work) but



my pumpkins took FIRST place! I am pretty excited! Thanks to Jen who told me and my mom for sending me some pictures!








No comments:

Post a Comment