Sunday, January 16, 2011

Running Fun and Max's first Mickey!


Friday, January 7th, 2011 was very historic for our family. Not just because we were up early but we had two first time racers. My mom and I got out the door for our race by 5am and got to Epcot with plenty of time. I brought shorts for the race not thinking how cool it would be that early. I was a little cold and my muscles were tight by the 6am shot gun blast. It was a nice run. There were 5500 racers and the namesakes Buzz and Woody were out to send us off. My mom and I were actually inline to get our picture taken with them when they were wisked off to get the crowd excited at the start line. We were bummed after standing inline for about 30 minutes we were about 5 people back from getting our picture. Anyway, the race gave us some behind the Disney scene sights and the. We got to run around the inside of Epcot and finished by going past the "big golf ball" into the parking lot again. Robb, Max and my dad were there to cheers us on to the finish and bring us home. I, unfortunately don't have any pictures from the race.

We rushed back to shower and get Max a quick nap before we headed out to his race.
As you can see he was calm, cool and ready to kick some toddler butt!





We got there as they started the 100 meter dashes. They had about 5 waves of maybe 20 racers going at the same time. It was pretty cute. Here is Max and Robb doing some pre-race stetting.





And, the whistle to start the racers! Robb got to run with him and I had our little video camera that I ran with to capture the moments!











Our little racer got a Mickey Mouse Medal for finishing! Way to go, Maxers!





Then, we had a cool down on the soccer lawn.





And this was just a fun shot!





Since, Max was jazzed about his race, he got done and said " more, do racing again?" we thought we would try to get some of the energy out by starting our Disney adventure by going to Hollywood Studios. So we headed out. Max was getting a ride out and thought he would take advantage of his new found height by touching ALL the signs he could. I thought it was cute especially with his shirt saying I did it on the back.





It was a nice day for a park, probably high 60's. Max saw his first Mickey and I think he liked him. We asked Max if he wanted to see Mickey and he said "yes" so we waited in line and watched the other kids meet Mickey. When it was Max 's turn he just went in for a safe handshake. Then gave Mickey a hug. Cute stuff.











Hollywood studios has some neat rides and our collective favorite was the Toy Story Mania interactive ride. Max even got a small nap while we waited. What I love about Disney is the details. They try to keep you entertained during the wait. The whole time you are looking around the room noticing all the small details. Then we went home for a spaghetti dinner and got to bed early. It was a long day and Robb's race was the next day!

No comments:

Post a Comment