Sunday, January 16, 2011

Racing and sightseeing in Orlando!


Okay, so we got home last night but I am going to attempt to hit the highlights of our recent trip to Orlando with my mom and step dad.

We left on a blustery Thursday morning, January 6th. I had worked an evening shift the night before, Robb waited up for me Last minute packing and Max was out of sorts and up until 12am so none of us got much sleep. We were up at 4:45 for our 5:15 pick up, thank you Jason! We got to the airport and to the gate without much fuss. We were bring Max's carseat with because we would need one in Florida and I had heard that it helps the kiddo to relax on the plane. However, I did not hear that it needs to meet special regulations to be used on the flight. So, at boarding our carseat was taken away, the bright spot here being we didn't need to pay to check it. Max did awesome on the flight and we got to Florida about noon. We scooped up the rental car and headed to my parents timeshare. We were pretty tightly packed into the car so it was necessary to drop some of the luggage off. Then the big plans for the day were to go to Disneys wide world of sports to pick up race packets for our four races! Robb ran the half marathon, my mom and I ran the buzz and woody best friend 5k and Max ran his first race, a 100 meter dash. Disney race packet pick up is a well oiled machine and we were in and out in less time than it took to park and walk in. Next stop was the local Walmart for some necessities, snacks and sandwich ingredients. By the time we got back to our timeshare we were all pretty tired. I laid out our race numbers and noticed that they had our name printed on them.








Pretty cool. Then my mom noticed she and been given the wrong bib and she was David 1859 instead of Mary Kay 1759. So, my mummy and I headed back to swap the bib. I guess she didn't want to be David for her first race! When we got back from that it was bedtime. Our 5k was the next morning at 6am, we needed to be there by 5:15am which is 4:15 MN time. Another early morn! Yikes I thought vacation was supposed to be where you made up for the early mornings not got up even earlier!

Oops! I forgot to mention that we also went to Downtown Disney for our first visit. We spent a fair amount of time in Legoland and got dinner at the Earl of Sandwiches. I highly recommend it.
-


No comments:

Post a Comment