Sunday, January 16, 2011

Robb's big race!


Saturday, January 7th, 2011 was Robb's big 13.1 mile race day! In order to have race done by park opening, I dropped him off at 4am! Robb was all hopped up and I left in my Pj's missing my bed, but knew I would be back in it soon. Or thought so. In my early morning, groggy haste I forgot my room card and my cell phone. I got Robb dropped off no problem. I didn't even get lost on my way back. But the darn security guard drilled me what room number, the name it was booked under why I was out at 4. Finally he let me in and I went to the room to try to knock and wake up one of my sleeping parents but not Max or the neighbors. I guess I was too quiet but another security guard must have seen me trying to knock on my parents window and came to tell me to go back to the front gate to have them call the room. When I got there the guard said why didn't he just open the room for you? And proceeded to call the other guard. Seriously. By the time I got back to the room for the guard to let me in my mom was awake (sorry mom) and let me in. Yay back to sleep for me!
Robb signed up for me and my mom to get text messages when he hit milestones which helped us know when to get to the race and know how he was doing. At 8am we woke everyone up, again, to go cheer Robb on at the finish line. His race started at Epcot, ran to and through the Magic Kingdom and back to Epcot. We got there with maybe 20-25 minutes before he ran past. This is my only picture.





He said his race was about 28,000 people. He did pretty well for not training and felt good which is the most important. Max and I wore our medals so we could get a picture of all of us with our medals! I am sporting the cheesy grin to encourage Max to smile, that is how we are doing it these days.



After our photo opportunities we got in the car to head out and let Robb shower up yet we just sat there literally in the same spot for 25 minutes then decided to stay at Epcot and start our day there. Robb was a great sport about walking more without a break. One of the cool things about being at Disney at this time is that it is still decorated for Christmas. It might be even more magical if that is possible. Here is the tree at Epcot!



It's funny I always despised Epcot when I was growing up. I felt so bored there. It has become one I like more each time I go there. I hope to go there during sept/oct when they have the wine and dine event. Hopefully I am not pregnant then, too!





When Robb and I where here 4 years ago to run the half marathon together we went through the Norway ride but didn't stay for the 5 minute video at the end and Robb and felt guilty since so we went on the ride again and this time stayed for the video. The video freaked Max out. It was a scary movie talking about Norwegian history, back in the Viking days and such.


We ate a fabulous lunch at Italy. We had pizza cooked in a wood burning oven. It was yummy! We checked out Mexico and the Finding Nemo ride then headed back so Robb could clean up and Max could nap. I tried to be diligent getting Max and myself naps. Robb got to work on his game and my mom uploaded the days photos and googled while we slept. Since we had a hopper pass we decided to head to the Magic Kingdom to take in the parade. We tried to make the most of each day. Friday my moms pedometer said we put on 9 miles and Saturday 11 miles.





We watched the lit up electrical parade which kinda puts our holidazzle to shame went on It's a small world ride, caught the fireworks while on the dumbo ride, rode the carousel and headed out!


Bad picture but you can tell Max was loving it.


This is the tree at Magic Kingdom!





Cinderella's castle! So magical!

No comments:

Post a Comment