Sunday, March 23, 2014

Pregnancy thoughts, more correctly random thoughts

Pregnancy is a special time. Sacred, really. Not everyday. But overall, it's is. It's inspiring thinking about the future. Bringing new life into the world. To love and adore. People pay attention to you. It's flattering, really. They want to know the gender, names, what babys room will be like. There are showers. You visit your doctor more than you see your best friends! Then you have the baby and everyone loves to come see and snuggle the newest creature. Now, no one wants to see us! We are a 3 ring circus! Well, that's what it feels like anyway. 
I see pregnant bellies now and I get a little jealous. Envious because that part of our life is over.  But I am undoubtably happy for that pregnany belly because I know the joy they are about to experience. Trust me, I'm excited for the next step. So excited to rid my house of baby accoutrements and get into big kids stuff. It's bittersweet this lapse of time. They are only little for such a short time. I was realizing that as I watching the news story about moms with paper calendars lining up all the kids camps, sports, VBS and weekends away. I can relate! I'm getting heaps of YMCA camp brochures, VBS is announcing dates, sports are having sign ups now. It's a barrage of information to process. 

I got overwhelm there for a minute with all those things to coordinate. It hit me this is our last summer before school. Max starts all day every day school THIS fall. All the sudden I want everyday this summer free to do fun things with all 3 of my kids! Taking a deep breath. In and out! Okay, this will be fun! We will do fun special things this summer. 

I am trying to live each day. To be present in the moments and hope I am teaching and doing things so that my kids learn, thrive and grow knowing how much we wanted them and care for them. 

Can't believe 6 years ago I was just finding out I was pregnant for the 4th time. This time it was for keeps. Now, I'm filling up our summer calendar. Time flies. Enjoy the present. Whether it's the pregnant belly or the full calendar. I'm trying to remember that.

No comments:

Post a Comment