Friday, March 28, 2014

Hans bakery


Best thing to do on a rainy Thursday before heading to my work marathon? If you answered take a little trip down memory lane, you are correct! Nestled in downtown Anoka is Hans Bakery. It's a staple, a landmark. I can't recall ever actually going in but I can count how many times I've drives past it. 

I'll get on with it. They closed their doors about 3 years ago and then reopened under new management about a month ago! They happen to be around the corner from Maxs preschool! So, what better time than the present for treating my kiddos and mom to a donut! Tuesday we drove by after we picked Max up. 1pm and the parking lot was FULL! 

Of course we were not up est enough to eat breakfast there Thursday so an after school treat it was! 
No fewer than 15 people in line the whole time we were there. 
I'd say we all left satisfied customers! Next time we are trying the beehive. I guess it's a German tradition that Hans made. A treat layered with pastry and custard?! I love that the new owners are trying to stay true to the original recipes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment