Monday, January 20, 2014

Xc skiing with my boy!

Yesterday Sunday Jan. 19th it was so nice outside! I think the news said. 37 or 39 for a high! We wanted to get out and take advantage of it being a weekend when we are all home together and well, the weather!! At first we thought maybe snow shoeing since we could all try it! They rent snow shoes over at the Eastman nature center so we headed out but on the way Robb suggested cross country skiing which I couldn't turn down! It's been 6 years since I been! I've been a little busy producing a little family! :-) that last time was right before we got pregnant with Max! And I was taking Robb for the first time! 

During the week I had been proding Max to see if he wanted to try any winter sports and listed a few.. He tried to say cross country ski and I was excited! I told him how I was a skier in high school! 

He did really well! I didn't really know what to do to teach him so I winged it! Rented skis, got it on him and we just went! 
He had plenty of falls but no injuries! I think he liked it! Best part was we laughed so much!! Every fall and then some! We skied at Elm creek where they have the downhill skiing and snow tubing hill. The tubing is quite popular and fun! We went last year! My favorite part was when the loud speaker would announce that the next tubers could now start tubing . Max would stop and say. "What did they say?!"  "Oh, for the tubers" after awhile all he'd say was "attention tubers !!!" And we'd giggle! It was so fun to have that time with my boy! He is growing up so fast! So fun to pair him with being on the trails again!

No comments:

Post a Comment