Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Georgia Isabel Akerson is 1

Sunday, June 22nd, 2014

My baby.. she is one. 1. This is pure craziness. Most days I can remember that day a year ago so vividly. How can it be a year already?

But the truth is she has been growing and learning so much that she has to be that old.

It was my weekend to work and I requested to have an absent day. That phone call at 4:55 was espeically sweet this morning. I get to spend the day with my baby. Since I was supposed to work there really wasn't any BIG plans. Just a day together. Of course, a cake. We took a trip to target, what birthdays not complete with out a visit there?! Her brother and sister picked out a Minnie Mouse as big as she is and a large bouncy ball purple in color!

At 1, our baby, is so sweet. She is funny and snuggly. She's all over. Up and down stairs, into cupboards and up ladders. Whatever her siblings are doing she thinks she can go along. She loves them, sometimes than others. She is really starting to understand what we are saying and is doing a little bit of signing. Mostly just the sign for all done.


She is "petite" weighing in at just 20lbs! I know that this is not really so little but compared to Max and Grace it is significant. She handled her 3 shots well at her appointment and of course headed home with a stuffed Ty animal from the clinic gift shop. Her chosen puppy is named rootbeer. We will call him 'Rooty'. And most likely Max will adopt him into his pack.



As of July 15th, Gia sprouted her 4th tooth. That makes 4 teeth in the last 4 weeks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment