Saturday, June 5, 2010

Single parenting




This week has been pretty good with a few hiccups.

I had lost my creadit card, more like forgetten where I left it. I remembered on MOnday morning that I must have left it at Wildfire after a wonderful dinner and conversation in a quick attempt to get to see SATC2 without missing many previews. So Max and I headed to Eden Prairie Tuesday morning. Because it was almost lunch time by the time we rounded it up we scooped up some Panera for lunch and we checked out a park in St. Louis Park that I used to go to as a kid. It's now a super nice park with a splash pad. Let me tell you, Max loved it! It was cautious at first started just by touching the water, then tried to touch it with his foot, then his belly and finally his face. He wasn't brave enough to run under the water but that is okay. There is always next time. It was fun to see how things there had changed and what I could still remember from 20+ years ago. It was still recognizeable.

Then, Thursday early Robb, his dad, brothers, cousins, uncle and friends headed to Babbit for a weekend of debauchery and I started my 4 days of single parenting Max and the two dogs. Thursday we were pretty low key.. mostly I just thought about all the fun things we should have done. We did go to a new garage sale that had plant for super cheap that were in really great shape. So I bought a bunch to plant in the tulip bed since they have died off and look so drab. Then we grabbed some dinner and watched some of my lil brothers softball game. After the game we headed up to my mom's to potential swim but the weather was still omnious and I got caught up in find her a new house since their house might actually sell this year. Bummer, Max is just getting to an age to be able to enjoy the pool. It's an amazing house, but much too big for what they need as almost empty nesters. I found a few good ones, all close to us. Hey, when you have a great Nana like that you want to keep her close! max let me know he was turning into a pumpkin so we headed out.
Friday morning we landed at McDonalds for breakfast.. I'm not normally a Mickey D's kinda girl but for breakfast.. okay, I'll splurge. Then we found a few more plants for the gargen and mulch and the hardware store next door to McD's. Following that we headed to my mom's neighborhood to garage sale. I found a couple fun things and got a good walk in. I think I wore out Max because he finally took a good nap for me, almost 3 hours! That is nice quality mommy time! Especially with Robb gone. I planted all my plants and even mulched. It looks so much better now. Oncve Maxers woke up we took the doggers for a walk and made some dinner. It would have been a great night for a bonfire. But I got Max in the bath and attempted to get him down early. No such luck. I guess a great nap = not sleeping until the crack of 11.

Today is Saturday, I am starting to miss Robb. Hope he is getting all his fun in and having great weather. Max and I took the dog for a morning walk, then got a call from our friends Andrea and Andrew. We met up with them for some Original Pancake House Pancakes then headed to the wet and dreary Como Zoo. We were troopers there for about an hour then the rain got to us. We did get to see the new Polar Bear Exhibit and max's new favorite Buf-lo ( Buffalo). It was fun to see them and glad they braved the rain to see some animals. Now my lil non-sleeper is napping and I am finally getting the chance to update.

It has been so much fun having this time to spend with Max. I know its totally cliche but they grow so fast. last night we were swinging at our playset and Max decided he wanted to swing on the big kid swing all by himself. And he did just fine! We are so blessed with this little man. Before I know it, he won't need me anymore. Well lets hope that he will still "need" his momma, just for supprt and advice. I am taking full advantage of being "needed" now. It's fun being someone's mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment