Saturday, July 20, 2013

4 weeks old and daddy's 36th birthday.

It was so nice to have time this morning to wake up and feed the baby in bed next to Robb. Granted he had been up for an hour and a half. Had his run complete ( a little 2.5 miler through elm creek to the GLP) and coffee in hand. Regardless, it was a quiet 7:45 start for us. We had company the night before that drained them of all energy and they literally fell into bed already asleep. Thanks, Westies! 

So Gia and I had quiet time with dad! Got to be the first to wish him a happy birthday! His birthday presents were given earlier in the week. We have no time to waste on secrets ALL week. Best to get the secrets over with as fast as possible. I think that hour of peace was our treat. Gia got her snuggles and even put on her ' I love my daddy' shirt. 


Gracie woke up about 8:45 and came in for snuggles. Her new routine is to walk in our room still rubbing the sleep from her eyes, then she looks for Gia and climbs up near her. Then she plants a smooch on her forehead and gets a cuddle in. She s such a sweet girl! I remaindered her it was daddy's birthday so she crawled to daddy for a big bear hug and cuddle with dad. She whispered (rare for her), "happy Bert-day, daee" it made me tear up. This is what I hoped for. All I could ask for really. 





and

No comments:

Post a Comment