Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Max is 3.5 kid years

5-23-12

So, my Maxers, our Maxers is 3.5 years old today! It's exciting and scary how fast time flies. It just happened that I could schedule his kindergarten screening for today, as well. It was neat to watch him get screen, frustrating, too! Frustrating like when they asked him his favorite book he said he could remember but he can recite " chicka chicka boom boom" by memory. But over all the proud feeling rose up in me today. The proud momma! He is such a big boy, so sweet.

To update on Max, let's see. The past few days he has been into cleaning. He takes a sponge and cleans everything in his sight. I taught him to dry the wood and other things that shouldn't stay wet. He has been washing walls, stool seats, counter tops, trash cans... You name it he has cleaned. It's enduring to me since I adore a clean home. He is my son after all, I wasn't JUST an oven!

He still loves to read, play Legos and play with cars. He can recite his ABC's and count to 12, give or take a 5 or 10. I credit this to his increased interest in numbers and letters but also the aforementioned "chicka chicka boom boom" has been huge. Also, when we were in Mexico I happened to find a video on youtube, since we didn't bring he book, that totally sticks in our head! It's made the difference in him learning the alphabet in order.

Max still loves his bike and rides at least once a day. Usually when we walk the dogs, although he does have a "track" lined out with chalk in the garage. He really wants to do a gymnastics class to learn summersaults better. So I hope to find a class for him over the summer. I want to get him into some swimming classes and maybe a soccer/ t-ball class, as well as VBS. it might be a busy summer with just one kid doing activities!

He eats most things but has started to prefer treats and sweets. He sleeps usually 11-12 hours a night. Usually 8:30-8:30 although it varies. He hasn't napped regularly now for about a year. He is 41 and 7/8" and about 40#. Since February he has grown about two inches and cruised through size 3's to 4's! His memory is strong, calling me on things and recalling things from weeks ago! I think he is brilliant and smart and cute! His curls are coming back with his sweating and summer humidity! Hooray! Here are some current pictures!





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment