Monday, May 14, 2012

Gracie 11 months

Gracie is 11 months... the count down is on to ONE!! I know I am not going to remember all of the fun things she does at but I am gonna try. My little monkey is a fast walker. She is into everything. She picks it up moves it to another room, see something in there drops what she has and picks of what she had spied and takes that to the next place. She is intrigued by cupboards and drawers and everything in them. She has mastered the stairs going up and down, although I still like to follow her just to keep her safe. I do have to say Big Brother Max has done a great job watching her and keeping her safe. He likes to follow her up and down the stairs. We talk a lot about how big brothers need to protect the little sisters! Did I tell you about the time she crawled up the bunk bed latter after her brother? did I mention that I was in the shower at the time? Just about gave me a heart attack! Seriously. That was about a month ago.
One big thing I have been wondering is when will she start "acting like a girl"? that question was answered probably by the end of the 10th month and this month so far. She has always loved babies, but now has taken to her baby dolls. She carries them around with her EVERYWHERE! She loves them at school and will play with them most of the time. She loves trying to put on sunglasses and headbands. She is drawn to sparkily pretties. I love it. I love my girl. Of course, I love my boy as well. I am so blessed to experieince raising both.
Speaking of school, I have realized that is where she is picking so much of this up and applying it at home. When she went down the slide all by herself I looked at her and thought, " where did she learn that?" turns out she has been doing it at school in the gym during the parent education time. Whoa! I have just discovered that she can "color" with side walk chalk, too, not just try to eat it! And she paints and colors. What a big girl. Her world has just grown so much!
Gracie still does not lay claim to a tooth. This has not hampered her eating, it just makes me nervous. Who doesn't have a tooth by 1? My girl! She does how ever make funny grins, and noises with her gums that kids with teeth might not be able to!

No comments:

Post a Comment