Friday, May 8, 2009

Snipped by the clippers

So, today we had our first urgent care visit! I hoped that it would be because Max did something "all-boy" or at least that he would be the one to do it. But, no, it was me. I was trying to clip his nails and got a little more than his nail in the clipper! Ouch! I felt so bad. I will only file from now on. He only cried for a few seconds; I think I cried longer. You never try to hurt your baby. But I felt so bad knowing that I did it. After 20 minutes and trying everything a "good nurse" should we headed to urgent care. They really didn't do anything for us. I felt pretty silly by the time we left. Apparently you should just let it bleed itself out, no pincing it or holding it above the heart. I guess I panicked a little! It just wouldn't stop. He's all better now! I know that I didn't seriously mame him but I sure felt like it. Maybe I'll try the triage nurse first next time.

Other than that .. Max and I ran errands today, trying to get ready for the big baptism this weekend. I had heard of this neat idea to have my wedding dress refigured into a baptismal outfit but I waited to long to have it made and everyone I checked with didn't have time to do it. So the next best thing was to ask my mom if she still had my baptism outfit and she thought she did. No luck finding it, however she did find my lil brothers romper. We tried it on Max yesterday and it fit, perhaps a little snug, but it fits! I am so excited for him to wear it! So much work is going into this day.. and its a bummer that when we planned it I didn't have to work this weekend, now I do. So I will be trying to get as much done in the AM as possible and then going to work all weekend. I guess I will leave a lot of it to my super-dad husband! He is always so good and pulling it all together! I should probably get some rest so I can help do my part this weekend! Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment