Saturday, August 9, 2014

Minnehaha falls

Spur of the moment this morning we ( the kids and I) decided to go for an adventure hiking. I've been wanting to add more fun things to the summer as it dwindles away and my buddy will head to school. I thought minnehaha would be perfect and it was! We had so much fun! 

Of course, we didn't head out of the house until the crack of 11am. So we basically got there at lunch time. We had a potty break, decide to just eat lunch at sea salt, yummy but boy did it take forever! Surprise Max likes shrimp and Grace ate fish! Finally we headed out for some hiking! We had been there for pictures once and I'd been there with my cousin but I realized I'd never been past the 2nd bridge. The kids were up for it and Georgia, bless her, fell asleep in the hiking back back! So we ventured down the river after a bath in the creek at bridge 2, in our clothes! 
 They all did great with all the hiking and swimming! No complaining! We found sea glass down where the creek meets the Mississppi. It's so beautiful down there. Fun seeing the lock and Ford bridge. On a funny note, we got back to the car which was parked near the play ground. I was worried because I didn't realized we'd be there so long so I paid for 2 hours, 3.5 hrs later I was nervous to get back. We got there, the car was streaming hot so we opened the doors. I checked in with robb and he had a few errands to do so I said we could play at the park. It must be a new park and there is new sod surrounding it so they had sprinklers everywhere. All the kids wanted to do was run through them! So funny! I am so glad we have a dirty duds bag! The kids striped at the car quick and all rode home naked! They were worried people would see them!   

No comments:

Post a Comment