Thursday, February 27, 2014

Day 3, packet pick up

A big reason we came down at this time was to be apart of the Princess half marathon weekend races! Friday Max, my mom and I are schedule to do the Royal family 5k, Saturday Grace has a 100 meter dash and we conclude with Robb and I running the half marathon! Thursday was first day of packet pick up and the racer expo. We had a leisurely morning, even took a dip in the pool. Max has been working on his swimming without a life jacket. He's getting pretty good! Maybe swimming 10 feet. Then mom and I rounded up my bunch and headed over to get our goods! Oh, the other BIG thing happening today is daddy is joining us! It was supposed to dump snow again in MPLS so we called delta to see if we could get Robb on the earlier flight! Awesome news! We could and there was no charge!! Hurray! Ironic thing was with all the snow and deicing the plane, he left about the same time he would have! He did arrive to here earlier than he could have. For that I am so thankful! And I don't have to single parent without a car anymore! ( my parents were tremendous help with the kids, I mean no disrespect!)  We rented a grand caravan for the rest of our time here! Yay! It might be a scouting mission, too! Maybe we will love it and keep it and drive it home! 

Oh, one other fun thing...runDisney partnered with new balance and made special disney shoes! We could only get kids shoes because of the big involved process but they sure are cute! Ended up getting bigger sizes so they can't use them for their races but they just got new shoes for Christmas for their races! 

Race day for the 5kers tomorrow!! So much to be thankful for!!

No comments:

Post a Comment